State Energy Offices
Home Energy magazine – Serving professionals and laypersons in residential energy management for nearly 30 years.
Recycling old products after you upgrade.
ENERGY STAR for Home Improvement
National Center for Healthy Housing – Educational programs, tools, and resources to help the public create and maintain a healthy home.
Energy Saver - a consumer resource from the U.S. Department of Energy/Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
ACEEE's SmarterHouse Guide - This website will help you make wise investment decisions and help you decide which products to buy and how to use them for maximum energy savings.
- No-Regrets Remodeling. Home Energy, 2013.
- Energy Free: Homes for a Small Planet. Ann Edminster, Green Building Press, 2009
- The Northwest Green Home Primer. Kathleen O’Brien and Kathleen Smith, Timber Press, 2008
- Musings of an Energy Nerd: Toward an Energy-Efficient Home. Martin Holladay, 2017
- The Greened House Effect. Jeff Wilson, Chelsea Green, 2013
- Green Remodeling: Changing the World One Room at a Time. David Johnston and Kim Master, New Society Publishers, 2004
- Green Restorations: Sustainable Building and Historic Homes. Aaron Lubeck, New Society Publishers, 2010
- Natural Remodeling for the Not-So-Green House: Bringing Your Home into Harmony with Nature. Carol Venolia and Kelly Lerner, Lark Books, 2006