This community is dedicated to everyday people wanting to make their homes better and more energy-efficient places to live. Our mission is to amplify the collective knowledge base of the homeowner network by offering a space for sharing resources, ideas, and knowledge on energy-efficient remodeling.
This community is for informational and educational purposes, and is not to be used for promotional purposes. Content and comments should be geared towards homeowners and renters interested in saving energy.
Visitors can read all the content, but only Members can post or comment. Anyone with an interest in home energy efficiency can apply for a free membership. Each Member has their own page where their activities are consolidated. Membership can be suspended at any time for non-adherence with these guidelines or Terms of Service.
Here are some guidelines for engaging with the community in the spirit of openness, transparency, and collaboration:
1. Fill out your profile. Post a picture. Smile!
2. Join the conversation. Share your ideas with the community. But, please stay on the topic of home energy.
3. Read and add comments to others' discussion posts.
4. Invite your friends to join in.
5. Treat others with respect.
6. Quote something you find interesting: You may quote copyrighted work but the quote should involve an excerpt, not the whole article. Make sure to always give attribution and a link to the source.
7. Have fun!
1. Try to sell your wares/company/product/etc.
2. Defame, name-call, inflame discussions, or excessively criticize an idea/person. Constructive debate is welcome.
3. Post inappropriate photos or links.
4. Employ a false identity or impersonate another member.
If you post about a product in which you have a direct financial interest, you must disclose that in your post.
Below are some additional principles that guide our approach to community management:
We encourage and support content that fits with the mission of this Community.
We reserve the right to remove any post without prior notice. Messages are not permitted that are:
We encourage members to report content that does not meet the guidelines and misleading technical info that needs to be addressed to the moderator.
In order to maintain the quality of the forum, we reserve the right to remove content that does not fit the guidelines or ask the author to edit it accordingly.
We reserve the right to move or de-emphasize content that does not fit into a certain part of the site.
Members who post content that does not fit the guidelines may be suspended after editorial review.
Home Energy Saver will not sell our member list.
The opinions, views, and ideas expressed within this community are those of the individual authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the sponsor. Information posted may not be appropriate for solving readers' specific problems. Readers should consult a certified professional for their own technical recommendations.
Thank you for being a member of the Home Energy Saver community!